Wednesday 4 April 2012

Pushing Your Boundaries


A good friend of mine sent an email out recently asking for volunteers for a Boudair shoot training day she was running.  If you’re unfamiliar with Boudair shoots, its basically like a “How to Look Good Naked” photography experience and celebrates the female form ….. in all its glory! I volunteered!

Now despite being a confidence coach, and the recent training for a half marathon, hitting 41, having taken my eye off the ball and watching my body spread out and down over the past months, as well as recently being asked if I was pregnant! (which I’m not!) has left me feeling somewhat lacking in body confidence.   I work with many clients on the subject of body consciousness so it’s been a really interesting opportunity for me to understand it better.  My philosophy has always been to make a choice.  Either decide you’re happy the way you are or change it.  Either way, the best place to start is to make your peace with what is today.  So, off to the boudair shoot I went…!
I met with Vikki who runs the Boudair training.  She’s incredibly experienced and makes you feel at ease instantly.  I also met Lydia, the make-up and hair artist and Steve and Tess who were training.  “Steve?!,” I hear you cry!  Yep, there was a chap there.  Well, if you’re going to challenge yourself you might as well go for it!  After some food and drink, we got going.
The whole process took about 4 hours and involved an incredible makeover by Lydia and then me making various clothes changes and moving around various rooms and settings to get the right pictures.  I was guided and supported every step of the way and never once felt exposed or uneasy.  In fact, I felt like a princess with all eyes on me and lots of praise and encouragement along the way.  It reminded me of coaching really, where you focus on the good bits. 
It’s rare that when I take a bold decision and step outside my comfort zone that I regret it, and this was no exception.  What it enabled me to do was get a different perspective on my body as well as really connect with what it means to be a woman.  Vikki works with women of all shapes and sizes and much like my coaching, helps them to build their self-esteem and confidence and see who they really are. It was an incredible experience and I feel privileged to have had the opportunity.  I would highly recommend this for anyone, whether you want a confidence boost or not!
Tracey

PS George was very pleased with his birthday photo frame.  :o)
For more information contact:
Vikki Champion Boudair Photography www.viephotography.co.uk
Lydia Johnson Make-Up https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=598040411
Steve O’Keefe Photography www.steveokeefephotography.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment